As a contributor on a document, you can notify by email any user or group defined in the permissions of the document.
1. From an AODocs document, open the More actions menu and select Notify users.
Alternatively, from a view select a document. Then open the More Actions menu and select Notify users.
2. In the Notify users pop-up:
- add one or more users or groups
– Type a contact's name in the To field. The name auto-completes with users who have access to the document.
– Press See document permissions to view all users who have access to the document.
- enter an email subject – by default the document name is added as the subject
- add a personal message (optional)
- select to send a copy to yourself (optional)
3. Press Send.
4. The users and groups receive an email notification from email@example.com, containing a link to the document.
– For Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, the link contained in the email notification opens the document in AODocs interface.
– For Team Folders, the link contained in the email notification opens the document in Google Drive.
– The email notification is sent in the language set in the library's locale.