The AODocs storage account is a Google account belonging to your G Suite domain that you assign to AODocs. It's used by AODocs to own managed files in Google Drive.
AODocs super administrators need to create multiple AODocs storage accounts when managing a large number of files and to avoid performance bottlenecks.
Note: We recommend not exceeding 50,000 active files per storage account. For more information about AODocs performance best practices, contact the AODocs support team.
Access the storage account settings
2. Select Storage. The Storage accounts table is displayed.
Understand the Storage accounts table
The table has the following columns:
- Storage account: the email addresses of the storage accounts available for AODocs
- Libraries: the number of libraries managed by the storage account
- Documents: the number of documents owned by the storage account
- Attachments: the number of attachments (Google Drive files) owned by the storage account
- Subscriptions: the number of shares on documents owned by the storage account
- Availability: the users or groups who can select the storage account
- Storage quota: the percentage of your quota used by the storage account
Manage the default storage account
When a user creates a library, they need to select which storage account will own all its documents.
Each library can have only one storage account. However, a single storage account can be used for several libraries.
If several storage accounts have been configured, when a user creates a new library, AODocs prompts the user to select a storage account from the list of available accounts.
You can change the default storage account by selecting the Default checkbox in the Storage accounts table.
Important: Your changes are applied immediately.
Filter your storage accounts
You can apply filters to your list of storage accounts to search for storage accounts based on their:
- name – partial or full email address
- statistics – minimum and maximum number of libraries, documents and attachments
1. Press the filter button.
2. Enter the required search criteria.
3. Press Apply filters. The list of storage accounts that match your search criteria is displayed.
Tip: Press Reset to remove the filters and display all your storage accounts.
Create a storage account
1. Press the Add button.
2. Enter the email address of the new storage account.
3. Select the storage account availability:
- Everyone: all library creators can select the storage account
- Nobody: no library creators can select the storage account
- Only for: access to the storage account is limited to a subset of library creators
Tips: You can use a Google Group for the Only for setting.
4. Press Save.
Edit the availability of a storage account
Note: You can't edit the default storage account.
1. Select the storage account to edit.
2. Open the More actions menu.
3. Select Edit.
4. Select the new storage account availability.
5. Press Save.
Remove a storage account
Note: You can't remove:
– a storage account that manages a library
– the default storage account
1. Select the storage account to remove.
2. Open the More actions menu.
3. Press Remove.
Best practices for managing storage accounts
The display name of the storage account is not managed in AODocs but corresponds to the First Name and Last Name of the Google Account. Your G Suite administrator could provide you with several technical accounts with different email addresses but with same name. This provides coherence in the Google Drive interface, since only the technical account name is displayed. Learn more about renaming G Suite accounts.
Important: Changing a storage account's email address, First Name or Last Name will cause conflicts with the way AODocs works in the Google Drive interface. Contact our support team if you want to perform such modifications.