The AODocs storage account is a Google account belonging to your G Suite domain that you have assigned to AODocs. It is used by AODocs to own the managed files in Google Drive.
Learn more here: The AODocs Storage Account
AODocs super administrators are required to create multiple AODocs storage accounts when managing a large number of files and to avoid performance bottlenecks.
Tips: We typically recommend not exceeding 50,000 active files per storage account. For more information about AODocs performance best practices, please contact the AODocs support team.
|Access the storage account settings page|
|Manage the default storage account|
|Understand the “Storage account” table|
|Create a storage account|
|Edit the storage account availability|
|Remove a storage account|
|Storage accounts management best practices|
Access the storage account settings page
1. Go to the domain administration.
2. Click on “Storage” in the left menu.
Manage the default storage account
At the creation of the library, the creator needs to select which storage account is going to own all its documents.
You can not have several storage accounts per library. But a single storage account can be used for several libraries.
If several storage accounts have been configured, when creating a new library, AODocs will ask the creator to select a storage account from the list of available accounts.
You can change the default storage account of this list by selecting the “default” checkbox in the “Storage accounts” list.
Important: Your changes are automatically saved.
Understand the “Storage account” table
- “Storage account”: the email address of the storage accounts available for AODocs.
- “Libraries”: the number of libraries managed by the storage account.
- “Documents”: the number of documents owned by the storage account.
- “Attachments”: the number of attachments (Google Drive files) owned by the storage account.
- “Subscriptions”: the number of shares on documents owned by the storage account.
- “Availability”: the users or groups who can select the storage account.
Create a storage account
1. Click the “+” icon.
2. Enter the email of the new storage account.
3. Select the storage account availability:
- “Everyone”: This option allows any library creator to select the storage account.
- “Nobody”: This option prevents any library creators to select the storage account.
- “Only for”: This option limits the access to the storage account to a subset of library creators.
Tips: You can use a Google Group for the "Only for" setting.
4. Click “Save”.
Edit the storage account availability
You can change the availability of the storage account.
Note: You cannot edit the default storage account.
1. Select the storage account to edit.
2. Click the “Menu” icon.
3. Click “Edit”.
4. Select the new storage account availability.
5. Click “Save”.
Remove a storage account
Important: You cannot remove a storage account managing a library, nor the default one.
1. Select the storage account to remove.
2. Click the “Menu” icon.
3. Click “Remove”.
Storage accounts management best practices
The display name of the storage account is not managed in AODocs but corresponds to the First Name and Last Name of the Google Account. Your G Suite administrator could provide you with several technical accounts with different email addresses but with same Name. Doing so provides coherence in the Drive interface, since only the technical account name is displayed. Learn more on G Suite account renaming here
Important: Changing the email address, the First Name or Last Name of a storage account will cause conflicts to how AODocs works in the Google Drive interface. Please, contact our support team if you want to perform such modifications.