A view is a page which displays a set of documents from your library. You can define properties and filters to sort the documents. These filters can be based on the nature of the library, workflow states or other settings that may be relevant for users.
This article explains how to:
|Access the view configuration|
|Define the general settings for the view|
|Define the visibility of the view|
|Configure the information to display in the view|
|Configure filters in the view|
|Pre-filter your documents based on properties|
An example of a view in the AODocs user interface:
Access the view configuration
1. In the library administration interface, access the list of views.
Learn more: Manage the views in your library.
2. Press a view name to open the configuration page.
Define the general settings for the view
Define the general settings:
- View name: edit the name of your view
- View URL: a URL is created automatically when you create a new view - press Open view to access the view
- Embed URL: use this URL if you want to embed the view in a web page
- Number of documents per page: you can change the default number of documents displayed per page
Define the visibility of the view
Define who can see the view in the library homepage:
- Show in Library navigation menu: use this option to display or hide the view. If a view is hidden, users won’t be able to access it in the AODocs interface.
- Only show for role: select which role or Google Group has access to the view. The list of roles is configured in the Roles section in the library administration interface. This option is available only if the Show in Library navigation menu option is checked.
Configure the information to display in the view
Select the required options:
Show checked-out documents:
- Default mode: displays the draft version of checked-out documents if you have access to the draft version and displays the main version of documents if you don't. Documents that aren't check-out are also displayed.
- Draft only: displays the draft version of documents if you have access to the draft version and displays no documents if you don't. Document that aren't check-out are not displayed.
- Main only: displays the main version of checked-out documents. Documents that aren't check-out are also displayed.
Display documents from other classes: use this option to display all the documents from other document classes in the view.
Note: Only the system properties of documents from other classes will be displayed. Documents from other classes will not have the same properties as those configured for display or as filters in your view.
- Select the information to display in your view: use this option to select which properties will be visible in the view.
- To add a property to the view, select it in the left panel and use the right arrow to move it to the right panel.
- To remove a property from the view, select it in the right panel and use the left arrow to move it to the left panel.
- To change the order of the properties in the view, select a property and use the up and down arrows.
Tip: You can also drag and drop properties to change the order.
- Select the criteria to sort by: use the drop-down lists to select a criterion and an order to sort the documents in the view.
Configure filters in the view
Select the required options:
- Expand filter panel: use this option to show or hide the filter panel by default.
- Search in attached files: in Document Management libraries, use this option to make the checkbox displayed next to the search bar active by default.
- Browse by: use this option so users can quickly filter documents matching a specific document property value, without using the search panel. You can choose to browse by workflow state, folder property or any category. You can also browse by class if the option Display documents from other document classes was checked in the Display section.
Select the information to filter in view: use this list to refine a query and filter documents more precisely.
- To add a filter to the view, select it in the left panel and use the right arrow to move it to the right panel.
- To remove a filter from the view, select it in the right panel and use the left arrow to move it to the left panel.
- To change the order of the filters in the view, select a filter and use the up and down arrows.
Tip: You can also drag and drop filters to change the order.
Pre-filter your documents based on properties
To define properties that the document should meet to be listed in the view:
1. In the Display only documents matching drop-down list, select all of these criteria or any of these criteria.
Note: You can combine filters and choose to display only documents matching all of these criteria or any of these criteria.
2. Press Add new filter.
3. Define the properties of the new filter.
4. Press Save.
Tip: You can create a filter based on the current logged-in user and select this filter in the documents' properties to display only documents corresponding to this user. To do so, select the Person category Equal to the Current user.