Use the cross-library search bar at the top of your AODocs homepage to search for documents across all your AODocs libraries using Google Drive.
Important: This article is for Google users only. The search bar is hidden for Microsoft users because only Google Drive documents appear in the search results.
This article explains how to search for documents in all your libraries using Google Drive:
Automatically generated table of contents
What shows up in the search?
When you use the cross-library search bar on the AODocs homepage:
- documents stored in non-Drive based libraries such as Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage never appear in the search results
- only documents in libraries using Google Drive to which you have access are listed
- documents in libraries using Google Drive that have restricted visibility for your user type are listed – for example, if you're a reader in a library with the visibility restriction Hidden from readers, the search results show documents from this library
Run a search
1. Enter one or more keywords and press the search button.
Note: The cross-library search allows keyword searches only. Searching for properties (or metadata) is possible only when searching for documents within a library.
The result shows a list of documents corresponding to the keyword you entered. They are displayed with the columns Title, Last update, Last update author and Library name.
2. To open a document, press its title.
You can also open a library by pressing its name. You are directed to the library homepage.