To create a document in a Document Management library:
1. Access your library and press New.
2. Select one of the document classes configured by the library administrators.
Note: If there is only one document class in your library, the document editor opens directly.
3. Fill in the title and properties of your document.
The mandatory properties for the document are marked with a red star.
Note: You can't save the document without filling in all the mandatory property fields.
4. If required, you can attach files to your document. You can choose to:
- attach an existing Google Drive file to the AODocs document
- upload a file from your computer (you can drag and drop it in the Drive pop-up)
- create a Google file (Docs, Sheets or Slides)
Learn more: Manage document attachments.
Note: In Document Management libraries, you can create documents with no attachments, one attachment or several attachments.
5. If document relations have been set up by a library administrator, you can press the Add related documents button and add one or more document relations. Learn more: Use document relations.
6. If required, add a description to your document. The rich text field can include links, tables, images and videos. The description is displayed in the Properties panel of the document. The text in the description is searchable by the AODocs search bar.
- The description field may be mandatory if the field permissions are managed by workflow states.
- You can only insert images in the description once you have saved your document.
6. Press the Save button to create your document.