As a library administrator, you can prevent users from modifying the permissions on files and subfolders.
You can do this:
- in Google Drive if you have the AODocs Smartbar installed – learn more: Install the AODocs Smartbar
- in the AODocs interface:
1. In Google Drive, open an AODocs library where you are defined as a library administrator.
2. Press the gear button and select Security center.
3. In the Security center pop-up, select the Permissions tab.
4. Deselect the checkbox Allow permissions to be changed at the subfolder and file levels.
A warning appears to explain the consequences of a uniform permission model.
– If you deselect the checkbox, all users in the library with edit permissions are authorized to modify the sharing permissions of files and folders in the library.
– If you select the checkbox, only administrators are authorized to modify the sharing permissions of files and folders in the library.
5. Press Confirm. The warning pop-up closes.
6. Press Done.
Note: You may experience some delay to see the changes applied because AODocs needs to update the Google Drive permissions on every file in the Team Folder or Secured Folder. For example, for a library with thousands of documents, it can take several hours before the change is fully effective.