To create a document in a Document Management library:
1. Access your library and press New.
2. Choose between the different classes of document and templates configured by the library administrators.
Note: If there is only one document class in your library, the document editor will open directly.
3. Fill in the title and properties of your document. The mandatory properties for the document are marked in red.
Note: You can't save the document without filling in all the mandatory property fields.
4. If required, attach one or more files to the document. You can:
- Attach a file from your Google Drive or computer
- Upload and convert a Microsoft Office file from your computer - the file will be converted to the corresponding Google format
- Create a new Google file (Docs, Sheets or Slides)
Learn more: Manage document attachments
Note: You can create a document with no attachments or with several attachments.
Note: Once you've saved your document, you can add attachments by drag and drop directly into the Properties panel.
5. Add a description of your document. The rich text field can include links, tables, images and videos. The description will be displayed in the Properties panel of the document. The text in the description is searchable from the AODocs search bar.
- The description field may be mandatory if the field permissions are managed by workflow states.
- You can insert images in the document description only after saving it.
6. Press Save to create your document.