To add new files and folders to a Team Folder library, you can use the same method as you use when adding files to regular Google Drive folders.
|Upload files and folders from your computer|
|Import files and folders from Google Drive|
|Import Google files|
Upload files and folders from your computer
You can drag and drop files and folders from your computer into the destination folder of the Team Folder library:
You can also upload local files or folders from a file picker.
1. Access your destination folder using the library picker or Google Drive’s directory.
2. Press New.
3. Select File upload or Folder upload.
4. Select the files from your computer in the popup.
5. Press Open to upload them.
Import files and folders from Google Drive
To import files and folders from Google Drive, drag and drop your item from your My Drive or Shared with me to your destination library folder.
When your file is imported to the Team Folder library:
- the ownership is transferred to the storage account of this library
- it is automatically shared with all the users who have access to the Team Folder library
All previous permissions on the file are kept if the library is configured with flexible permissions.
To import files and folders, you can also click on the Smartbar button Import into AODocs. When using this button, you are subjected to the following limitations:
- End-users can only import files they own but are not allowed to import folders.
- Library Administrators can import files and folders but are limited to these following limitations:
* They can import only files they own.
* They cannot import more than 10 folders and a 100 files.
- AODocs Super Administrators can import files and folders without any limitations.
Import Google files
Google files such as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides can be imported directly from their editor interface.
1. In the document editor, press Import into AODocs.
Note: The Import into AODocs button does not appear on files belonging to a Team Drive.
2. A popup opens. Select the destination library you want to import the file into and the location (root folder or subfolder).
3. The file is then imported in the library. The owner becomes the storage account and its location changes to the location you chose.