The AODocs Smartbar allows you to execute AODocs actions from Google Services pages. You can use it from Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and Gmail interfaces.
When the AODocs Smartbar is installed and activated, a status icon is displayed in color at the right end of the Google Chrome URL bar.
|Check the Smartbar features status|
|Enable or disable specific Smartbar features|
Check the Smartbar features status
1. Click on the Smartbar icon.
It will open the Settings pop-up and display the status of each Smartbar feature available for the page displayed.
Note: The Settings pop-up can appear in the Gmail, in the Google Drive and in the Google editor interfaces. The content of the pop-up is specific for each interface according to which features can be triggered.
2. Check the status of each Smartbar feature.
There are 3 possible status:
- Green Check when it works correctly.
- Red Cross if it is not available. For example, it can be due to a communication issue between the Smartbar and the AODocs API or to an issue with the Google Drive settings: the Smartbar works only if the files are displayed as a list.
- Orange Exclamation Mark if it might be unavailable.For example, if the page structure is invalid or if the page structure is not detected by the Smartbar.
- Grey when the feature is disabled from the Smartbar Settings.
3. If your permissions on a library have been updated while your Smartbar was already working or if you notice some unavailabilities, click on the “Reload” button in the bottom left hand corner of the pop-up. The Smartbar might also display a red banner to reload itself.
The Smartbar will re-initialize on all the opened tabs of your Chrome session.
Enable or disable specific Smartbar features
1. Click on the Smartbar icon to open the Settings pop-up.
2. Click on the “Settings” button in the bottom left hand corner of the pop-up.
3. Click on the switch button on the right of each Smartbar feature to enable or disable it.
You can also disable the Smartbar features by revoking:
- the permissions of the Smartbar in Gmail
- all the permissions of the Smartbar.
Learn more here: Manage the AODocs Smartbar permissions.
The Smartbar features are enabled for one specific domain at a time. If you want to access AODocs libraries from another domain, don’t forget to switch the domain on the Smartbar Settings.
Learn more here: AODocs Smartbar Multi-Domain Usage.