Every action performed by a end user or an administrator at the library level or at the domain level (e.g. the creation of a class or the deletion of a document) is automatically recorded by AODocs. These actions are recorded in the audit log.
To access the audit log window, you must either be an administrator or a super administrator of the library. To access the audit logs, open the Administration console and click on “Audit log” (1).
In the log, you will see the following fields:
- (2) “Scope” : The general functional area of the event (user event, administration event, etc.)
- (3) “Type” : The type of event that occurred
- (4) “Date” : The timestamp of the event
- (5) “User” : The email address of the user who is responsible for the event
- (6) “Id” : The Id on which the action was made. For example, it can be an user email, a document Id, a folder Id or a Library Id.
- (7) “Message” : Additional text information attached to the event
Audit Log page and fields
You can filter the Audit logs by using the filters provided at the top of the page. You can filter by:
- (8) the scope of the event
- (9) the type of event
- (10) the user who created the event
- (11) the Id of the item, for instance, Document Id, library Id or user email
Finally, you can also generate a list of logs between two timestamps by entering the “From” and “To” dates and times (12).
Filtering the Audit logs
When multiple criteria are used, they are combined with an “AND” operator so that only audit log event matching all the selected criteria are displayed.