Documents and folders deleted by users are moved to the library trash, which is accessible only by library administrators.
The library trash is not limited in terms of the number of items, but there is a retention period. This means that after a period of time following the deletion of an item, it will be permanently deleted automatically. You can manage the retention period for each library in the general settings.
Note: When a document or folder is in the library trash, it is not displayed in any views in the library.
As a library administrator, you can restore or permanently delete documents and folders from the library trash.
|Access the library trash|
|Restore or permanently delete individual documents or folders|
|Restore or permanently delete multiple documents and folders|
Access the library trash
2. Under Library administration, select Deleted documents. The list of documents and folders in your library’s trash is displayed.
- To view a deleted document and its attachments, press its name.
- To view the contents of a deleted folder, press its name. Use the breadcrumb to return to the list of deleted documents and folders.
Restore or permanently delete individual documents or folders
1. Open the more actions menu next to a trashed document or folder and select:
- Restore: the items are restored to their original location if their folder structure still exists. If their folder structure has been deleted, they are restored to the library root.
- Delete: a confirmation message appears.
Note: When you restore or permanently delete documents or folders, the action is recorded in the library audit log.
Restore or permanently delete multiple documents and folders
1. Select several documents and/or folders that you want to restore or permanently delete.
- the Restore button: the items are restored to their original location if their folder structure still exists. If their folder structure has been deleted, they are restored to the library root.
- the Permanently delete button: a confirmation message appears.