In an AODocs library, you can duplicate (copy) a document with its properties, attachments, relations, description and permissions. Only the last version of a document is duplicated with the same version name and description. The workflow state is reset in the copied document.
You can copy documents if you are:
- allowed to create a document in the document class
- reader or contributor on the document
- contributor on the parent folder if the permissions are inherited from folders
- contributor on the document class permissions
1. Open the document you want to copy.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Duplicate.
3. When the copy is complete, a message appears at the bottom of the screen. Press Open copied document.
The copied document is named Copy of [Name of original document].
The properties, attachments, relations, descriptions and permissions are copied from the original document. Press the Edit button to modify them.
The workflow state is reset.
Only the last version of a document is copied with the same version name and description.
Note: The attachments of the copied document are copies of the original attachment, so have different URLs even though they have the same name.