As a library administrator, you can prevent contributors from deleting files and folders an AODocs library.
You can do this:
- in Google Drive if you have the AODocs Smartbar installed – learn more: Install the AODocs Smartbar
- in the AODocs interface:
1. In Google Drive interface, open an AODocs library where you are defined as an library administrator.
2. Press the gear button and select Security center.
3. In the Security center pop-up, select the Security tab.
4. Select the checkbox Only administrators can delete files and folders.
– If you select the checkbox, only administrators are authorized to delete files and folders in the library.
– If not, all users in the library with edit permissions are authorized to delete files and folders in the library.
5. Press Done to save.
Note: You may experience some delay to see the changes applied because AODocs needs to update the Google Drive permissions on every file in the Team Folder or Secured Folder. For example, for a library with thousands of documents, it can take several hours before the change is fully effective.
For contributors, the delete button is unavailable.