As a library administrator, you can access the Team Folder settings directly from Google Drive.
Important: The AODocs Smartbar has to be installed to access the Secured Folder settings in the Google Drive interface. Learn more here: Install the AODocs Smartbar.
|Access the Team Folder security center|
Access the Team Folder security center
1. Access a Team Folder library as a library administrator.
2. Click on the gear icon and select “Security center”.
3. The security center window of a Team Folder is composed of 4 main sections:
In the "General" section, you can:
- Name: “Rename” your Team Folder.
Note: Do not use Drive's "rename" button (see below) to rename your library, as AODocs does not recognize it.
- Root Folder: Check the “Add the library's root folder to every user's My Drive folder” checkbox to
- push the Team Folder into the Google Drive of the users who have access to it
- choose to send the users an email notification informing them that a new Team Folder is added to their My Drive.
Learn more here: Push AODocs Team Folder or Secured Folder to User's My Drive
- Storage account: Retrieve the storage account associated with the Team Folder.
Learn more here: The AODocs Storage Acccount
- Trash retention: Manage the library trash retention period by selecting to never delete the trash or automatically delete trashed files after 30 days.
Learn more here: Manage the retention period of deleted files
- Activity report: Access the Team Folder’s activity report in the AODocs interface.
Learn more here: View the audit log
In the security section, you can:
- Sharing content: Select who can share files and folders:
- if you select the option, only administrators are authorized to modify the sharing permissions of files and folders in the Team Folder.
- if not, all users in the library with edit permissions are authorized to modify the sharing permissions of files and folders in the Team Folder.
- Deleting content: Select who can delete files and folders:
- if you select the option, only administrators are authorized to delete files and folders in the Team Folder.
- if not, all users in the library with edit permissions are authorized to delete files and folders in the Team Folder.
Add new users or groups to the Team Folder
To give access to the Team Folder to new user:
1. Type the email address of the new user or Google Group in the input field.
Note: When typing an email address, AODocs will autocomplete with email addresses available in your G Suite domain global address list.
2. Choose the permission level of the new user or Google Group. You can choose 3 permission levels:
- can view: user/group can only view the files but cannot make changes.
- can edit: user/group can view and edit files.
- is administrator: user/group can view & edit files and has full administration privileges including configuring library settings and adding/removing other administrators.
3. Click on "Add" to add the users in the list of people authorized to access the Team Folder.
Edit permissions on existing users
For existing users or groups, you can change their permission level or remove them.
Set public or private visibility
Several visibility options are available for the library:
- Public on the web:
Anyone can access it and it can be found by a search engine (this option is effective only if such public sharing is enabled in your G Suite domain)
- Anyone with the link:
Everyone with the link can access the Team Folder. URLs are not indexed, thus can not be found by means of a search engine, and as such hide the data by keeping the URL private to all those it has been shared with (this option is effective only if such public sharing is enabled in your G Suite domain).
- People at (domain):
Everyone in your G Suite domain will have access to the Team Folder. The Team Folder will be listed on their AODocs homepage.
- People at (domain) with link:
Everyone in your G Suite domain who has the link will have access to the Team Folder. The Team Folder will not be listed on the AODocs homepage of the users in this case.
- Specific people:
Only the people added to Root Folder permissions will have access to the Team Folder root folder. The Team Folder will be available on their AODocs homepage.
Note: The highest level of sharing outside of your domain set in the G Suite Administration console overrides the visibility options set at the library level.
Choose the permission mode:
You can choose a permission mode for your Team Folder. It can be flexible permissions or uniform permissions.
- Flexible Permissions: The option is selected.
User with a sharing privilege are allowed to manage the permissions at the subfolder levels and on individual files.
- Uniform Permissions: The option is not selected.
Files are taking the permissions set at the library level and cannot be changed at the subfolder levels or on individual files.
A property is a field providing information for a specific file. Properties can be used to structure documents, to improve the search experience or to customize a workflow.
As a library administrator, it is possible to add, edit or remove an AODocs property from a document class directly from Google Drive.
Learn more here: Configure document class properties from Google Drive