As a library administrator, you can access your Team Folder settings directly from Google Drive.
Note: You can also configure your Team Folder security settings in AODocs.
|Access the Team Folder security center|
Access the Team Folder security center
1. Access a Team Folder as a library administrator.
2. Press the gear button and select Security center.
In the General tab, you can:
- rename the Team Folder’s root folder
Note: Don't use the Rename button in Google Drive to rename your Team Folder, as AODocs doesn't recognize it.
- push the Team Folder to the My Drive of all your users who have access to it (and notify them if required)
- manage the time retention of deleted files
learn more: Display, restore or delete files from the trash
- access the Team Folder's activity report in the AODocs interface
In the Security tab you can prevent users from:
- sharing files and folders
- deleting files and folders in the Team Folder
Important: If you select the checkbox Only administrators can share files and folders in a Team Folder, users won’t be able to move files or folders by drag and drop in Google Drive. This is due to a restriction in Google Drive. In this case, there are three ways for users to move files and folders:
– As an administrator, activate the security setting Interpret internal shortcuts in Team Folders as move operations. When users create shortcuts, AODocs moves the files or folders to the required location.
– If users have the Smarbar installed and have access to the root level of the Team Folder, they can use the Move to button provided by the Smartbar to move their files and folders individually.
– Users can move one or more files and folders in AODocs.
This video shows how to define the options in the Security tab.
In the Permissions tab, you can configure who has access to the Team Folder.
- define the permissions mode
- manage your root folder permissions
- add new users or groups to the Team Folder
- edit permissions for existing users
Learn more: Manage permissions in your Team Folders.
In the Properties tab, you can create, edit or delete AODocs properties for your Team Folder.
Learn more: Configure custom properties from Google Drive.