To export a document or folder from a library to a user’s My Drive, select the document or folder (1), open the More actions menu (2) and select Export (3).
Note: This feature is available only to administrators of Secured Folder libraries and Team Folder libraries.
Exporting documents from AODocs to a user’s My Drive
Press Give back the ownership to a user (4). Then type the email address or the name of the user to whom you want to give ownership (5) and press Export (6).
Giving back ownership of an AODocs document to a user
Once the administrator has pressed Export, AODocs will:
- create an export folder named with the administrator’s current date and time, for example, Export - August 03rd 2015 - 12:50 GMT+02:00
- move the selected files or folders into the created export folder
- transfer the ownership of the export folder and all contained items to the destination user
- add the administrator as editor on the export folder
- push the export folder into the destination user’s My Drive
- push the export folder into the My Drive of the administrator who launched the export
- send a notification email to the new owner and to the administrator who launched the export
- In a Team Folder, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept.
- In a Secured Folder, any existing sharing permissions on exported files or folders are removed.
Notification email sent to the user
Administrators should be aware that they can export files or folders to anyone on the domain (i.e to a user other than the initial owner). The initial owner will not be notified.
Once the file or folder has been exported, the administrator can still edit it and bring it back into the library.
Keep in mind that only the administrator who conducted the export will be notified by email and will have access to the exported items. The other administrators and the super administrators will not be notified of this action and will not have access to the exported documents. However this operation is recorded in the audit log.
Learn more: View the audit log