To export a document or folder from a library to a user’s My Drive, select the document or folder (1), click on the “More options” button (2) and select “Export” (3).
Note that this feature is only available to administrators of Secured Folders and Team Folders.
Exporting documents from AODocs to a user’s My Drive
Click on “Give back the ownership to a user” (4), then type in the email address or the name of the user to whom you want to give ownership (5) and click “Export” (6).
Giving back ownership of an AODocs document to a user
Once the administrator has clicked on “Export”, AODocs will:
- Create an export folder named with the administrator’s current date and time, for example, Export - August 03rd 2015 - 12:50 GMT+02:00
- Move the selected files or folders into the created export folder
- Transfer the ownership of the export folder and all contained items to the destination user
- Add the administrator as editor on the export folder
- Push the export folder into the destination user’s My Drive
- Push the export folder into the My Drive of the administrator who launched the export
- Send a notification email to the new owner and to the administrator who launched the export
- In a Team Folder library, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept.
- In a Secured Folder library, any existing sharing permissions on exported files or folders are removed.
Notification email sent to the user
Administrators should be aware that they can export files / folders to anyone on the domain (i.e to a user other than the initial owner). The initial owner will not be notified.
Once the file / folder has been exported, the administrator can still edit it and bring it back into the Library.
Keep in mind that only the administrator who conducted the export will be notified by email and will have access to the exported items. Neither the other administrators nor the super administrators will be notified of this action or will have access to the exported documents. However this operation is recorded in the audit log.
Learn more: View the audit log