As an administrator of a Team Folder library or a Secured Folder library, you can export documents and folders from your AODocs library to the My Drive of any user on your domain.
During the export:
- the properties of exported documents are removed
- in Team Folders, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept
- in Secured Folders, any existing sharing permissions on exported documents or folders are removed
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
Alternatively, in a document, select Export in the More actions menu.
3. In the export pop-up, select Give ownership to a user.
4. Press Next.
5. Enter the email address of the user to whom you want to give ownership.
6. Press Export.
When you press Export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- transfers ownership of the export folder and its contents to the selected user and adds the administrator as editor
- pushes the export folder into the selected user's My Drive and the administrator's My Drive
- sends a notification email to the new owner and the administrator
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the new owner
6. When the export is complete, you can:
- reload the view or open the export folder that was created by AODocs during the export (if you exported from a view)
- go the the library homepage or open the export folder (if you exported a single document from the document page)