Library administrators working in Team Folders or Secured Folders can export documents and folders from an AODocs library to the My Drive of any user in the library domain.
Note: During the export:
– the properties of exported documents are removed
– in Team Folders, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept
– in Secured Folders, any existing sharing permissions on exported documents or folders are removed
To export a document from the document page, open the More actions menu and select Export. Then continue to step 3.
To export documents or folders from a view:
Note: This feature isn’t yet available in the beta version of views. If you’re using the beta version, switch back to standard views.
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. In the export pop-up, select Give ownership to a user and press Next.
4. Enter the email address of the user to whom you want to give ownership and press Export.
5. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
During the export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- transfers ownership of the export folder and its contents to the selected user and adds the administrator as editor
- pushes the export folder into the selected user's My Drive and the administrator's My Drive
- sends a notification email to the new owner and the administrator
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the new owner
6. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh the current view
- Open export folder: to open the export folder in My Drive
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs