As a library administrator, you can export documents and folders from an AODocs library to a user’s My Drive.
1. Select one or more documents and/or folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
Note: This feature is available only to administrators of Secured Folder libraries and Team Folder libraries.
3. Select Give back the ownership to a user.
4. Enter the email address or the name of the user to whom you want to give ownership.
5. Press Export.
When you press Export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time]
- moves the selected documents or folders into the export folder
- transfers ownership of the export folder and all its contents to the selected user
- adds the administrator as editor on the export folder
- pushes the export folder into the selected user’s My Drive
- pushes the export folder into the My Drive of the administrator who launched the export
- sends a notification email to the new owner and to the administrator who launched the export
- In a Team Folder, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept.
- In a Secured Folder, any existing sharing permissions on exported documents or folders are removed.
You can export documents and folders to anyone in your domain. If you select a user other than the initial owner, the initial owner isn't notified.
Once the document or folder has been exported, the administrator can still edit it and bring it back into the library.
Only the administrator who conducted the export is notified by email and has access to the exported items. Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the audit log.