There are several ways to search for documents in your AODocs library.
|Search for documents by keyword|
|Basic keyword search|
|Search for keywords in a given order|
|Search for documents using filters|
|Search for documents through a browsing tree|
Search for documents by keyword
Basic keyword search
1. Open a view.
2. Enter one or more keywords in the search bar.
3. Press the search button or press Enter.
The search results include all the documents that have one or more of your keywords any of the following:
- system properties
- custom properties
- description field
- attachments (if you selected the Search in attached files option in a Document Management library)
The search is applied as follows:
- The search in the document’s properties looks for the exact keyword and is not case sensitive.
- The search in the document’s description field supports partial wording and is not case sensitive.
In Document Management libraries, you can extend the scope of the search by selecting Search in attached files to display documents that contain the keywords within the content of their attachments. This feature searches within the textual content of any file format, including image files, using Google Drive's built-in optical character recognition (OCR) conversion.
- In Document Management libraries your library administrator can set the Search in attached files option to be selected by default. In this case, you can deselect it if required.
- In Team Folders and Secured Folders, the Search in attached files option is implicit and isn't displayed in the AODocs user interface.
Search for keywords in a given order
1. In a view, enter your keywords surrounded by double quotes in the search bar. For example:
2. Press the search button or press Enter.
Note: This search is not case sensitive, so the queries “hr manager”, “HR Manager” and “hr Manager” will return exactly the same list of search results.
Note: You can do complex searches by property types and with advanced search operators.
Search for documents using filters
Note: Filters are available if they have been set up by your library administrator.
1. Press Show filters in the top right of your view. The search filter panel appears. If required, press Hide filters to hide the search filter panel.
2. You can use this panel to add or remove search criteria.
In the example below:
- select true for the Incomplete field to search for documents that have a mandatory property that isn't filled in
- enter a date in the Creation date fields to search for documents created before or after a given date
Search criteria are combined, so the results list displays only documents that match all the search criteria. The list of active criteria is displayed above the results list. You can remove a search criterion by pressing the X next to its name. Alternatively, you can press Reset all filters to remove all search criteria.
Note: The list of search results depends on the view that you are using. Some views may be configured with search filters that are combined with your search query. Learn more: Configure views.
Search for documents through a browsing tree
Depending on how your library administrator has set up the views in your library, you may be able to browse by workflow state, folder property or a specific category. This allows you to quickly filter documents without using the search panel.
If your current view has a browsing option set as Browse by Folder, you can:
- select the checkbox Include results from subfolders: any search results found in the selected folder and all its subfolders will be displayed
- deselect the checkbox Include results from subfolders: only search results in the current folder will be displayed