Team Folder libraries are visible in Google Drive and owned by your company.
End-users can share files and folders using the standard Google Drive share features. Learn more from the Google Help Center:
The Smartbar brings additional share features for administrators if the following security settings are defined in the Team Folder:
- Only admins can share files and folders
- Allow permissions to be changed at the subfolder and file levels (flexible permissions)
Assuming you're an administrator and you have these security settings defined in your library, this article explains how to:
|Share files or folders from Google Drive|
|Share Google files from the Google editor|
|Share files from the Google Drive file preview|
Share files or folders from Google Drive
Select the item you want to share and press Edit file permissions. The Sharing Settings pop-up opens.
Share Google files from the Google editor
1. Open a Google file.
2. Once the Smartbar is loaded, press Share in the top right of the screen.
The Sharing settings pop-up opens.
Share files from the Google Drive file preview
1. Open a file in the Google Drive file preview and select Permissions in the Smartbar menu.
Note: Depending on the Google Drive sharing policy defined by your G Suite administrator, you may not be able to share files outside your domain or organizational unit.
3. Set the permission for the users you have chosen:
- Can view
- Can edit
- Can comment
4. Press Done.