Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
A Team Folder library is a type of library integrated in Google Drive. A Team Folder library is created in Google Drive interface.
Note: This article describe how to create a Team Folder library from scratch.
- In Google Drive, you can also transform an existing Drive folder in a Team Folder library. Learn more: Transform a Drive folder into a Team Folder.
- In the AODocs interface, you can also copy a Team Folder or create a Team Folder from a template. Learn more: Create a library by copy, Create a library from a template.
Important: Only the library creators can create a new library. This roles is defined and managed at the domain level by the by AODocs super administrators. Learn more: Manage library creators.
1. Open Google Drive and click on the library picker.
2. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, select New Team Folder.
3. In the New AODocs library popup, enter the name of the new Team Folder.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries can not have the same name).
4. Select the storage account for your Team Folder.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more: The AODocs storage account
5. Press Create.
A success message appears when the library is created.
6. Access your Team Folder library:
- by clicking on the link in the success message
- through the library picker
- in your My Drive