With the AODocs Smartbar, your can create Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) directly from the Google Drive interface.
Learn more here: Presentation of the AODocs Smartbar
1. In Google Drive, press the NEW button.
2. In the drop-down menu, select the type of Microsoft Office file you want to create.
3. In the window that opens, enter the name of your new file and press Create.
4. When the file is created, it is listed in Google Drive.
It opens automatically in the dedicated Office application.
Note: If UFO is installed and activated, files are created with the Smartbar but opened and edited using UFO.
- Two users can't edit the same file at the same time. The file is automatically locked when a user opens it. If another user tries to edit the file, they will only be able to save a local copy or open it in read only mode.
- If you keep a file open for one hour without saving it, the lock is released and another user can edit the file. You will no longer be able to edit the file again until the other user has finished editing. You can save the file locally to keep any unsaved changes.
Limitations of Microsoft Office editing from AODocs
You can open Microsoft Office files on your computer only if:
- the file is a Microsoft Office Word, Excel or PowerPoint file with one of these extensions:
- Word document: docx, doc or docm
- PowerPoint document: pptx, ppt or pptm
- Excel document: xlsx, xls or xlsm
- you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer - supported versions are from Office 2010 SP2 up to the most recent version for Windows and Mac OS
- the name of the document doesn't exceed 250 characters
- the size of the document doesn't exceed 32 MB