For each document class, library administrators must define the inherited permission model. The inherited permission model defines how a document will inherit permissions automatically.
AODocs provides three ways to apply inherited permissions to documents:
- Document class permissions: a single set of permissions is defined for all the documents in a document class
- Workflow permissions: the document permissions are determined by the workflow engine
- Folder permissions: the document permissions are determined by the document's parent folder
- In Document Management librairies, document permissions are inherited from the document class by default.
- In Secured Folder libraries, document permissions of the default document class are inherited from folders. The inherited permission of this document class can be configured through the Security Center available with the AODocs Smartbar. For additional document classes, document permissions are then inherited from the document class.
- In Team Folder libraries, document permissions of the default document class are inherited from folders. The inherited permission can be configured only through the Security Center with the AODocs Smartbar.
To configure the inherited permission model for a document class:
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure.
4. Select the Security tab.
5. Under Document permissions are inherited from, select an option from the drop-down list:
- Class: the permissions are the same for all documents in the class - these permissions are defined in the Security tab (see steps 6 and 7).
- Folder: the permissions are defined by the document’s parent folder. Learn more: Share documents and folders in your Secured Folder
- The document’s current workflow state: the permissions are defined in the permissions pop-up for each workflow state. Learn more: Set workflow permissions.
6. If you set the document permissions to be inherited from the class, a panel appears at the bottom of the Security tab, to configure the inherited permissions. To select the global visibility mode, press Change.
7. Select an option from the drop-down list:
- Document visible only to specific users or groups: documents in this class are available only to the specific users or groups that you add
- Document visible to all library readers: documents in this class are visible to all users who have reader access to the library
- Document editable by all library contributors: documents in this class are editable by all users who have contributor access to the library
- Document visible and editable by all: documents in this class are visible and editable by all users who have access to the library
8. To add users and groups to the list of permissions, enter the user or group email and press Add.
9. Select the access level (Read or Read, Write) for the new user or group.