To be able to sign in to AODocs, you must allow pop-ups from AODocs in your browser.
Some browsers block pop-ups by default. If you haven't yet allowed pop-ups from AODocs in your browser, you must deactivate the pop-up blocker.
Depending to the web browser you’re using, there are two ways to allow pop-ups:
- Manually (all compatible browsers): each user allows pop-ups from their own browser, from the AODocs sign in page. This must be done once only per browser profile.
- Automatically (Google Chrome only, all devices): a Workspace administrator can activate the setting for all users on their domain, from the Workspace console.
Automatically generated table of contents
Allow pop-ups from AODocs
Note: You only need to do this once for each browser profile you use.
1. Access AODocs.
2. Select either Sign in with Google or Sign in with Microsoft.
3. Select your account and follow the Google or Microsoft sign-in process.
4. Press the button in the address bar indicating that pop-ups are blocked.
Note: Information on the sign-in page indicates where you can find the button.
5. Select Always allow pop-ups and redirects from [your domain] and then press Done.
6. Press Sign in with Google or Sign in with Microsoft again.
A pop-up opens indicating that you are being signed in, then closes.
Single sign-on (SSO) and popups
If you use Single sign-on (SSO), for example Okta, to access AODocs, there should be no difference with respect to pop-ups. You still need to allow pop-ups.
Press Sign In, then allow pop-ups as described above.
Why do pop-ups appear intermittently?
To comply with the latest authentication APIs and best practices from Google and Microsoft, we’re revamping the sign-in mechanism in AODocs over several releases.
As a consequence of the first phase of this process, when you perform certain actions in AODocs, such as signing in (all users) or adding attachments in documents (Google users only), a pop-up may open then immediately close. This may re-occur about 45 minutes later.
There is no required user action.
Notes: We'll be working on removing the pop-ups over the next few releases.
Allow pop-ups on your domain (Workspace admins)
As a Workspace admin, you can allow pop-ups for all users on your domain.
If you don't do this, all users on your domain must allow pop-ups individually, as described above.
– You must be a Google Workspace admin to carry out this procedure. It takes place in the Google Workspace admin interface, not AODocs.
– To allow domain-wide pop-ups, all users on your domain must enable synchronization on their Chrome profile.
1. As a Workspace admin, access the Google Workspace Admin console: https://admin.google.com.
2. Open Devices > Chrome > Settings > Users & browsers.
3. Scroll down to Pop-ups, locally applied.
4. Enter one or both of the following URLs, depending on which instance (or instances) of AODocs you're using. Learn more: Find out which AODocs instance you're using.
https://aodocs.altirnao.com:443 (US instance)
https://eu.aodocs.app:443 (EU instance)
5. Press Save.
In all your users' Chrome settings, the "domain" icon indicates that pop-ups are allowed for each URL at the domain level.