Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library from scratch, i.e. a blank library without any pre-existing configuration.
Important: Only the library creators can create a new library. This roles is defined and managed at the domain level by the by AODocs super administrators. Learn more here: Manage Library Creators.
To create a new library from scratch:
1. From the AODocs homepage, click on the “CREATE” tab.
2. In the the left panel of the “CREATE” tab, select the type of library you want to create under the "Library types" section.
A description of the library type appears on the right side. The description presents the main features of the library type and provides you with some tutorials.
3. Click on “Create Library” to create your new library.
4. In the library creation pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries can not have the same name).
5. Select a storage account for your new library.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more here: The AODocs Storage Account
6. Click on "Create Library" to create your library.
Your library is now created. For Document Management libraries, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs User Interface. For Team Folder and Secured Folder libraries, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive Interface. Once the library is created, the library creator receives an email to confirm the success of the library creation.
7. Start configuring your library.
On the library homepage, you can find several links to help you get started and configure your library. Learn more here:
- Create and Configure Document Classes
- Add Documents to your Document Management Library
- Share Documents in a Document Management Library
- Configure a List View
- What are Workflows?