A workflow is a sequence of steps describing the life cycle of a document. In AODocs, each workflow step is called a workflow state.
Library administrators can configure workflow emails for each workflow state:
This article explains how to configure action emails.
|Example of an action email|
|Define the recipients of action emails|
|Define the content of action emails|
Example of an action email
Action emails are sent to users who have the permission to perform workflow actions in the current state.
Note: To have pending workflow actions in a library, users must have access to the library.
Define the recipients of action emails
Note: Workflow emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. In the workflow configuration, press Notifications in a workflow state. A pop-up opens where you can configure workflow emails.
2. Select Recipients under Action email.
By default, action emails are sent to all users who can perform workflow actions in the selected state. A table lists these users, the actions available and the target state.
You can deactivate the switch so these users don't receive action emails when the workflow is in this state.
Note: If the switch is activated, all users defined in the manual workflow transition of the workflow state will receive an action email.
For example, if the workflow state defines a transition that can be performed by the role Legal team and another transition that can be performed by the role Directors, the action email will be sent to all members of both these roles.
Define the content of action emails
1. Select Email content under Action email.
2. Under Email template, select one of the following from the drop-down menu:
- Default action email – the default sender, subject, content and layout is used (skip steps 3 to 5)
- a custom action email template you created – learn more: Create workflow email templates
- Customized email – you can customize the currently selected template – learn more about how to customize the email: Configure email templates
Note: You can customize either the default email template or a custom email template. However, If you re-select a template from the list and save, your customizations will be lost.
3. Fill in the Sender field.
4. Fill in the Subject field.
5. Define the content and layout of the action email. Learn more: Configure email templates.
6. Press Save.