AwesomeTable is a web application that lets you display the content of a Google spreadsheet into various efficient and user friendly types of views.
AwesomeTable connector can synchronize the content of your AODocs library with a Google Spreadsheet to display it with AwesomeTable powerful rendering features.
Install the connector
1. Go to Chrome marketplace and install the AODocs AwesomeTable connector.
2. A new spreadsheet opens in Google Sheets and the add-on is installed.
A “Let’s get started” pop-up appears.
3. Allow the requested permissions by clicking on “Continue”.
Learn more here: AwesomeTable connector - Permissions & Limitations.
Populate a spreadsheet from an AODocs view
1. Go to the Add-ons menu, select the "AODocs AwesomeTable connector" sub-menu, and click on "Start".
The add-on now displays a tab on the right of your spreadsheet.
2. In the add-on sidebar on the right, click on “Log in” and enter the credentials of the account you are logged with.
Note: This “Log in” step happens only the first time launching the connector.
3. In the add-on sidebar on the right, click on “Start” button.
4. Select the AODocs library where the view you want to export in a spreadsheet is located, and click on "Next".
5. Choose the AODocs view in the next drop-down list, and click on "Next".
The spreadsheet is now automatically filled in with the information configured in your AODocs view.
Row 1 lists the name of the AODocs properties displayed in the AODocs view. Row 2 indicates if the fields in the AODocs view are hidden or are used as a filter.
Generate the AwesomeTable from your spreadsheet
1. Name the AwesomeTable view that will be generated from this Google Sheet, and click the “Create” button.
Congratulations! You can now see the URL of your new AwesomeTable view.
2. You can then:
- Manually copy and use the URL in a web page
- Click on the “Preview” icon. You will be redirected to the AwesomeTable website to see the preview of your view
Tip: You can find info about customizing the way your view displays on the AwesomeTable website.
Synchronize the spreadsheet with the AODocs view
You can update the Google Sheet content by synchronizing it with your AODocs view:
- You can synchronize the data manually by clicking on the button "Update".
- You can synchronize the data automaticallyby clicking on "Activate an auto-update".,The content is updated every hour.
Note: You can deactivate the automatic update at any time by clicking on “Deactivate auto-update”.
Configure your AwesomeTable view
You can customize the display of your AwesomeTable view by editing the second header (row 2):
- To hide a column, append “ - Hidden” to the content of the cell (for instance “NoFilter - Hidden”).
- To display a hidden column, just remove the “ - Hidden” mention in the cell.
- To set a column as a filter of your view, specify “StringFilter”, or “StringFilter - Hidden” if the filtering data should appear only as a filter but not in the content of the table.
- To remove a filter, specify the column “NoFilter” instead of “StringFilter”.
- Changing the content of the first row (i.e. editing the name of the column) can break the synchronisation between the AODocs view and the spreadsheet.
- The changes you make in the data rows (line 3 and below) will be overwritten next time the spreadsheet is synchronized with the AODocs view.
Tip: Other filters than the StringFilter are available.
Learn more here: AwesomeTable documentation
Cancel the synchronization between the spreadsheet and your AODocs view
To change the AODocs source view or to stop synchronizing data from AODocs, click the “Reset add-on” button.
This will deactivate any synchronization with the AODocs view and turn your spreadsheet back into a regular spreadsheet with no associated AwesomeTable view.