Note: The Awesome Table connector is deprecated. Its features are now supported by the Bulk updater.
Awesome Table is a web application that lets you display the content of a Google spreadsheet as various efficient and user-friendly types of views.
Awesome Table connector can synchronize the content of your AODocs library with a Google Spreadsheet to display it with the powerful rendering features of Awesome Table.
Populate a spreadsheet from an AODocs view
1. Select Add-ons > AODocs AwesomeTable connector > Start.
The add-on displays a sidebar on the right of your spreadsheet.
2. In the sidebar, press Start.
3. Select the AODocs library where the view you want to export as a spreadsheet is located and press Next.
4. Select the AODocs view in the drop-down list, and press Next.
The spreadsheet is automatically filled in with the information configured in your AODocs view:
- Row 1 lists the name of the AODocs properties displayed in the AODocs view
- Row 2 indicates if the properties in the AODocs view are hidden or are used as a filter
Generate the Awesome Table from your spreadsheet
1. Name the Awesome Table app that will be generated from this Google spreadsheet, and press Create.
Congratulations! You can now see the URL of your new Awesome Table app.
2. You can now:
- manually copy and use the URL in a web page
- press the Preview button to open a new tab with a preview of your view
Tip: Learn more about how to customize your app from the Awesome Table website.
Synchronize the spreadsheet with the AODocs view
You can update the content of the Google spreadsheet by synchronizing it with your AODocs view.
You can synchronize the data:
- manually by clicking on the Update button
- automatically by clicking on Activate an auto-update – the content is updated every hour
– The auto-update feature is available only if your Google Workspace admin has installed the Google Workspace Marketplace app Awesome Table connector. Learn more: Install the Awesome Table Marketplace app.
– You can deactivate the automatic update at any time: press Deactivate auto-update.
Configure your Awesome Table app
You can customize the display of your Awesome Table app by editing the second header (row 2):
- To hide a column, append - Hidden to the content of the cell (for example, NoFilter - Hidden).
- To display a hidden column, just remove - Hidden from the cell.
- To set a column as a filter of your view, specify StringFilter, or StringFilter - Hidden if you want the filtering data to appear only as a filter but not in the content of the table.
- To remove a filter, specify the column NoFilter instead of StringFilter.
- Changing the content of the first row (i.e. editing the name of the column) can break the synchronization between the AODocs view and the spreadsheet.
- The changes you make in the data rows (line 3 and below) will be overwritten next time the spreadsheet is synchronized with the AODocs view.
Tip: Other filters than the StringFilter are available.
Learn more: Awesome Table documentation
Cancel the synchronization between the spreadsheet and your AODocs view
To change the AODocs source view or to stop synchronizing data from AODocs, press the Reset add-on button.
This deactivates any synchronization with the AODocs view and turns your spreadsheet back into a regular spreadsheet with no associated Awesome Table app.