Bulk Updater is a web application that lets you update in bulk the properties (also called metadata) of your AODocs documents. All users can use the export feature in Bulk Updater; only library administrators and super administrators can use the update feature.
Before updating the properties of your AODocs library, you must first configure and run an export.
Note: Only the person who performed the export can run the update. You can share the spreadsheet with other users, who can update the values of the properties. However, these users get an error message if they try to run an update.
1. Open your exported spreadsheet. You can do this:
- in the Recent tab
- from the confirmation email you received when you ran your export
- in the Auto-refresh tab (if you've configured an auto-refresh for your export)
2. Check the documents and values of properties exported in the spreadsheet.
Learn more about the contents of the spreadsheet.
3. Update the properties manually in the cells.
Note: A notification appears if you try to edit columns you shouldn't modify. You're recommended not to modify system parameters in dark gray columns: the update process ignores updates to these system properties.
– When updating the values of the properties in the spreadsheet, make sure you follow the formatting rules required by Bulk Updater. If you update the value of a property in an incorrect format, the document won't be updated.
– You can sort your spreadsheet, but you must apply the sort to all columns. Read our recommendations before sorting your spreadsheet.
Notes about import speed:
- The time Bulk Updater takes to run the import mainly depends on the number of lines to update.
- Each line to update takes about 3 seconds (depending on how your domain is configured).
- Skipped lines take less than a second.
4. Run the update.
Tip: You can view your updates and access the spreadsheet from the Recent tab.
5. At the end of the update, you receive an email from Bulk Updater (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The email has a link to the Google spreadsheet containing the exported documents.
6. Check the two last columns in the Google spreadsheet (Status and Reason). They indicate the status of the document update process.
These are the possible values of the Status and Reason columns:
The document was successfully updated.
Bulk Updater ignored the document because it wasn't modified.
The document wasn't updated. The reason for the error is indicated.
AODocs was temporarily unreachable. You must relaunch the update.