This article gives you a methodology on how to migrate your existing Google Drive folder structure used as a shared folder to an AODocs Team folder library.
- Create your team folder library.
- Apply the security settings to your libraries.
This step is extremely important and should be performed before any import launch.
- Review, clean and structure of the folder organization in Google Drive you want to migrate prior to the import.
Assessment tool: Drive explorer
- As an AODocs super administrator, import your cleaned folder structure from Drive to AODocs.
- Monitor your migration progress.
- When the import is finished, you can import another set of folders.
- At the end of your migration if you want that only the permissions of the library are applied to the documents and the folders, you can perform a check ownership in the library. If you do not perform the check ownership, the permissions will remain the same as set before the import.
- When you create a library, this library is linked to a storage account, and this storage account owns the files of one or several libraries. We recommend not to have more than 50,000 files per storage account. If you exceed this number, we recommend to create other storage accounts, and attach new libraries to them.
- We recommend to wait for an import to be finished, before to launch a new one. If you launch too many migrations at the same time, you can slow your migration process.
- We recommend to disable the Google Drive sync tool when you perform these migrations.
- Don't forget to ask your users to install the AODocs Smartbar. Or you can also install it for them.