With the AODocs Smartbar installed, you can import your emails and their attachments from your Gmail interface into your Team Folder libraries and Secured Folder libraries. The Import into AODocs feature creates a new folder in your selected library and saves your emails as AODocs documents in the new folder.
During the import, you can select a destination parent folder, manage the import of your email body, and select the attachments and inline images you want to keep.
Important: You must install the AODocs Smartbar to use this feature.
- The Import into AODocs button is available only if you can create a document in an AODocs library or if you have access to one or more Team Folders.
- The Import into AODocs feature isn't available in delegated accounts. If you select the Import into AODocs button in a delegated account, a message appears to indicate that the operation must be run by the owner of the email account.
|Import an email|
|Access the new folder in your library from Google Drive|
Import an email
1. Open the email to import.
2. Press the Import into AODocs button.
3. A pop-up opens with a library picker. Select the destination library.
Tip: You can use the library picker like a search field to find a library by its name.
Note: Hover over a library name in the drop-down list, then press the star button to add it as a favorite. Your favorite libraries are synchronized between AODocs and the Smartbar, so all your favorite libraries are listed in the library picker drop-down list in Gmail. Learn more: Manage your favorite libraries.
A message is displayed in the pop-up, indicating that a new folder will be created. The email subject becomes the name of your destination folder.
4. Define whether to import the body of your email. Select either:
- Include as a Google document in the folder: the email body becomes a document in the folder with information about the recipient, the sender and the date of receipt
- Exclude the body: the email body is excluded from the import
5. By default, all email attachments are selected for import. Each selected attachment becomes a separate document in the new folder.
You can deselect any attachments you want to exclude from the import.
6. Select a folder in the library or import to root. A confirmation message is displayed with a link to your new folder in your Google Drive interface.
Important: Depending on your permissions in the selected library, you can create the folder:
- In the root folder but not in its subfolders - in this case you can't select a subfolder.
- In the subfolders, but not in its root folder.
- You only have access to the Secured Folders libraries in which you can create documents.
- You have access to all Team Folders libraries in which you have at least read rights. However, you can only import your emails into a Team Folder library in which you can create documents.
- Your import choices are saved until you reload your Gmail page or leave it. If you want to import another email to AODocs, the previous options are automatically selected.
- If you import a conversation, a folder is created with the content of all previous emails and with all inline images included in these emails. Only the attachments of the selected email are imported; attachments in previous emails aren't imported.
- The limit for emails sent to AODocs is 24 MB for the total size of the email, including the email body and all attachments.
Access the new folder in your library from Google Drive
You can now access your newly created folder from the Google Drive interface.